In the prior chapters you attempted to observe reasoning and comment on an argument’s structure. Now you move one step further and try match the technique of reasoning with another example of it.
CHALLENGE: Match the Principle
Principle questions will define a “principle” and the student must match it with a similar principle among the answer choices. These questions are typically phrased like this:
- Which of the following illustrates the principle that the passage illustrates?
- Which one best illustrates the principles underlying the passage?
- Which one of the following judgements conforms most closely with the principle cited in the passage?
How to solve
- Identify the reasoning in the passage. It could be a structure of conditionals.
- Find a matching pattern in the answer choices.
Sample Principle Questions
Best viewed in landscape mode
4 questions with video explanations
100 seconds per question
Are you sure you want to refresh the question?
Choose the correct answer.
Press SELECT to start video.
Be sure to turn on your volume to hear the explanation.